PICARD Technologies® has been marketing the Sideseal® line throughout the majority of industrialized countries for over thirty years.
What is SIDESEAL®?
Sideseals are high performance oil seals for tough applications. They can be installed in open or closed housings, depending on the profile used.
Sideseals® are manufactured at our Valenciennes facilities, using top quality materials such as:
- High acrylonitrile-content elastomer compounded with an antifriction agent for standard applications in conditions up to 115°C and 15 m/sec;
- Viton® elastomer, compounded with an antifriction agent for applications where the temperature exceeds 115°C and/or where there is exposure to aggressive fluids;
- Elastomix®, an elastomer specially formulated to resist temperatures of up to 175°C, water vapor and various oils and greases. Other attributes of Elastomix®: its excellent abrasion resistance and a price tag lower than Viton®;
- Aflas®, a high-end elastomer serves where a resistance to saturated vapor and temperatures up to 200°C is required;
- Silicone HR® is a silicone specially formulated by Picard Technologies® to withstand temperatures exceeding 220°C.
Our Sideseal® line includes an array of profiles. Ask our specialists to recommend the right ones for your application requirements. Browse the Sideseal® catalogue...
The Sideflon® option might be recommended for certain applications. Sideflon® is a Teflon® PTFE-filled coating, molded over the lip of the Sideseal®. The Sideflon® option:
- reduces the temperature caused by the friction of the Sideseal® on the rotating shaft;
- reduces the coefficient of friction;
- increases the Sideseal®’s working life;
- allows for higher rotary speed.
|The Sideflon® option is ideal for duties requiring large-diameter shafts.|
Sideseals® can be cut to the customer’s required length for easier assembly or when required by the installation. In such cases, the Sideseal® is molded with an all-elastomer section where the cut will be made. Once fitted in its housing, the two ends of the all-elastomer section ensure a tight seal.